Pages

Friday, January 28, 2005

It seems an age...........

hello again, it seems an absolute age since my last blog session.

There have been some good days and some bad days.

Sadly my mother in law passed away last Sunday morning, she had been ill and in hospital for 9wks. She slipped away quietly and peacefully like the lady she was.

I have my lovely DH at home for the next 2 wks but would have prefered it to be in happier circumstances. We never know what is around that corner do we? The funeral will be next Monday and then the hard work comes for my DH and his 2 brothers, sorting the estate out.

Stitching matters

On a happier note I am pleased to announce I have completed the stitching of my L&L Celtic Autumn. She was a delight to stitch, I had her as a wip for quite some time but feel pleased to have achieved a finish. I think she may be a lounge hanging when framed.

I have also uploaded a pic of my TIAG Celtic Banner which I completed before Christmas, this will hang, when framed, on the long wall which faces you as you go down the staircase.

I am now alternating between my Pot sampler which has another motif completed and Mirabilia's Shimmering Mermaid. I want to try and finish off my ladies throughout this year and believe me there are plenty wip's to keep me going!

I have increased my stash of Sampler charts considerably, I can't resist them. Goodness knows when I will stitch them, I'd have to live a few lifetimes to complete them all but it's very pleasurable having them.....lol

I've also almost completed my Sampler & Antique Needlework magazine collection. There are just a few back copies I need before I can shout 'full house'. I used to buy all the UK magazines costing me double figures each month. I now stitck to SANQ and Jane Greenoff's magazine.

I realised there wasn't a lot in them that I liked or would be likely to stitch. Oh before you jump on me onmass this is just my opinion. They're all well produced and the charts are to some peoples tastes just not mine.

I found I had an amazing amount of these magazines and I'm pretty sure they were breeding too. I came to the ruthless decision of removing the charts I would stitch and took the remainder of the magazine to my stitch club for the other ladies to go through.
Those which are complete are still occupying a large box and I mean large! At the moment they are inaccessable because of the decorating of my craft room but as soon as I can get to them they'll be on a journey somewhere or other.

I have finally bought my new computer work station curtesy of good old Ikea, I'm very pleased with it and the plus side is it takes up far less room than my other one. My old one being a genuine dark oak desk it is not going to desk heaven as it will be used in Neil's new office at school which is being worked on at the present. I'm glad about this as the desk is very old and like all furniture in those days it was 'built to last'.

I still need to buy the large cupboards to go in here but am having a rethink as Neil thinks it would be better to have a single bed and not a bed settee in here. I was against it at first but realised I was perhaps being a little selfish wanting the room to house only my stash, it does make better sense to have a spare bed available anytime.

Saturday 29th

My craft room is still under construction as they say. My daughter came last week to paint the walls and ceiling, the border is on and the blind is up. My new lighting is in and the laminate floor will be laid when Neil has the time.

I'll have to sort out what I'm keeping and what I'm getting rid off regarding stash. I'm trying to 'declutter' the house so it takes less time to keep it clean.

I bought a new toy today, I invested in a webcam so I can talk with my grandchildren, Sammy and I have just spent some time being rather silly but it was fun.

I know how to load pictures onto my blog but can't figure out how to make links to other blogs, there are so many great ones out there, I love reading them so I think this must make me nosey!

Well I think that's it for today, I'm getting cross eyed staring at this screen..........take care

blondie







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...