Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2005

IT'S BEEN A LOOONG MONTH........

A lot has happened this past month, it seemed like we were never going to get on our feet health wise.

Thankfully Neil's health is improving and the Dr's were extremely pleased with his BP reading which was down to 122/70. They said whatever he's doing to carry on as it's working and if it's still around this level they will take him off one of his BP medication in September when they next see him. He's also lost almost a stone in weight due to his change of diet, I will take a little credit here though ;o) as I have told him for quite some time about the food he was eating, he's at last listening and the results are great.

I'm so proud of his progress, he doesn't cheat but he's not starving himself either just eating more healthily. I still can't get him to eat what he calls 'rabbit' food but he's doing well as he is. He's also drinking the yoghurt drinks in the mornings, which I thought he'd never do but he feels they're helping too. I think if he loses a little more it will be enough, he's not that large, his legs have never changed it's just around the middle as with most men! One or two people have mentioned it at work so that made his day and gave him some encouragement.

He's off to Ireland in two weeks on a climbing holiday so I'm hoping he'll keep up the good food diet when he's with the chaps.............

I've been suffering from severe back problems and have had to go onto 'wappy' tablets as Neil calls them. With those and strong painkillers it is starting to ease off I'm pleased to say.
I did have a very humourous incident this week, I'd dropped something on the floor, can't bend down to get it and as it was cutlery Deeber wouldn't pick it up so I had to slide down the kitchen cupboard to the floor to get it.............then the problem came.........how do I get up???? I regularly 'kiss carpet' as I call it and have to wait for Neil to come home. This time I was totally stuck, tried to shuffle to the doorway to use the door jamb to hold on to but I can't pull myself up as my hands just aren't strong enough! Ten minutes later I'm shuffling into the lounge to get the phone to ring Neil and ask him to come and help me up. He only works around the corner so came, got me up and then went into the kitchen to pick the knife up. Then he gave me a lecture about not keeping my grabber with me! Now imagine this, I am thinking of buying a trademens belt, you know the ones with lots of pockets for tools. I'll put this on each morning, carry my phone, pen & paper, keys, the grabber doesn't fold up so will have to carry this in my teeth. Also I'll pop in a sandwich and drink so that I'll have sustinance whilst I wait for him to come and pick me up then I'll not starve to death whilst I wait......................oooohh a pretty site to behold I'll be...........LOL

The one good thing about this is I've had more time to stitch on my Celtic Noel, she is a dream to stitch on. I didn't stitch on her yesterday (Sat) as that's my Blackbird Design SAL day. I can't publish a picture of progress as it has to stay a mystery from the other ladies until finished.

Well I'm off to have some lunch which my lovely DH has cooked so until next time, take care and keep well.

hugs Blondie

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...