Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

MISSING HIM...........

Well it's 3 days since the love of my life left for Southern Ireland but it already seems like weeks. I know the younger generation think that they invented romance and relationships as all younger generations have done over the years.

The wonderful man I'd proud to have for my husband..........

is talented, has a big heart and will happily go the extra mile when needed. To me he will always be handsome, each new wrinkle, each grey hair that life brings only adds distinction to his looks. He has beautiful eyes, is it possible to say that about a man? There are laughter lines around and a wickedly mischievous twinkle in those beautiful eyes.

He has a wonderful sense of humour and will play practical jokes frequently, but never at the expense of someone's dignity. He is loyal to his friends and is very protective of his family and friends.

Literature is a great love in his life and he can often be found with book in hand. His study and love of Gods word is supreme and he can quote you an encouraging verse when life isn't treating you as kindly as you would like.

He works very hard and much to the amazement and amusement of many can fall asleep at the drop of a hat, so to speak! He isn't a lot of company when on a long journey in the car as within 5 mins of traveling he's gone into the land of nod! I have learnt never to ask him to navigate a route as his frequent nodding leads to crucial turn offs being missed......... :o) Needless to say he doesn't and has no inclination to drive.
I cannot say 'patience is a virtue' applies to him as he is sometimes lacking in this department especially when putting something together! He doesn't suffer fools glady either.

I really miss him when he's not here I feel a part of me is missing. Just like thousands of other couples we have our moments of misunderstandings and frustrations. Being perfect is not a requisite of marriage but being understanding and making allowances for being human is.

Even after 34 yrs together my heart still skips a beat when I think of him or when he's across a room and winks when he catches me watching him. He is my best friend as well as the man I love dearly. His picture is the screen saver on my mobile phone and each time I receive a text message or a phonecall I can see him and he's near.

I received a phone call for him earlier, they have had a really good day's climbing today and will have a chill day tomorrow. The cottage is very nice, the country is beautiful, the people extremely friendly and to top that off the weather has been perfect for climbing. He sounded content but tired.
I would love to ask him to bring me home some Irish linen for my stash but I'd probably end up with a tablecloth....... ;o)

Only 5 more days until he comes home for a day and is then off to Seahouses in Northumberland with school for 5 days.

Well it now 2.09am and I think I should shut down and go to bed before I fall asleep here! I hope you have all enjoyed a pleasant Bank Holiday weekend.

Take care
blondie

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...