Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

Another change in the weather!

Yesterday, 3 of my Munchkins and I spent our time in the conservatory, me sorting the quilt out and they just watching me. from left to right is Megan my little oldie girl who recently had a stroke. Georgi girl my little flirt and Dooglebug our baby of the outfit who loves everybody whomever they are.
The weather wasn't inviting us to sunbathe and rained all day not a day for sitting on the swing.
It didn't improve any later on either as you can see in these pictures
The lovely pink bucket you can see was purposely left out to measure the amount of rain we'd had and as of yesterday in 2 wks the bucket is 3/4 full! As you can imagine we have not sat at the garden table for any meals recently lol. Thankfully we are better off than some in the UK who have horrendous floods again, it must be heart breaking because some are only just getting over last years floods.
On a lighter note I've finished the quilt top I was sewing, when we spent 10 rainy days in our get away I used the time to get on with it
I took the photo today thinking the rare appearance of the sun may give me a good picture, here's a close up so you can see the blocks and pretty border fabric. It's called Playmates quilt, designed by Pam & Nicky Lintott. The pattern calls for a jelly roll from the French General range but as this is no longer available I used my own yardage of Moda fabrics from the US. 
I have the cotton batting and backing fabric ready to complete it but I'm not able to stand long enough to pin them all together yet. I'm very happy with how it's turned out so far, I'd never made these blocks before, I made mistakes and there was quite a bit of frogging and restitching but it was worth all the work put into it.

The sun has gone back in now and it's rather overcast again, the forecast is more heavy rain yet we have hosepipe bans in force in several areas??

Take care

Peg x
.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...