Pages

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Brrr it's a chilly day today.

A day to sit by the fire, or in Mr B's case by the radiator, :) All the munchkins are clipped down as you can see in a previous post so they're feeling the chill too. I brought a quilt down earlier to put over my legs, I foolishly moved and when I came back I had lost my place and my quilt!

A short time ago I found, curtesy of Wilkinsons and Morrisons some really pretty cups,
from :Morrisons just click on the name

From Wilkinsons click on the name


I already have the large tea tray to match these, I think they're so pretty, love them.

Some purchases this week also, one of the blogs I follow is owned by Lynne Goldsworthy and I have been lucky enough to book to go to one of her classes she's holding in March at Cromford. She along with Kerry Green have written a great little book called.....
Its a lovely book that is keeping me entertained in wonder at so many different blocks. I also purchased the rotating mat behind it. I have the larger size which is a bit big for the smaller blocks. This one is only 12" x 12" just right.

I've also made more progress on my ripple blanket 
slowly but surely and I'm really enjoying myself. I think this one will have a home in the sun room it will go with the cushion colours in there.

My daughter drove me over to the van on Wednesday so we could collect the large sofa seat and back cushions so I can recover them. I recovered the dining area ones and wrote about it  here.
These cushions are a lot bigger and there are more of them so it's going to take some time to do but it will be worth it when they're done.

I have added another new member to my sewing room,her name is Florrie and she's a beautiful Brother XL 4050. 
She goes very well with Maisie my Brother PE 150 embroidery machine 
They go really well together don't they :0) I just need to get a better photo of them both but being truthful I'm slowly sorting my fabric out and have some boxes of cut fabric on the floor so couldn't get back far enough. That will teach me to get things put away.:)

Florrie didn't cost me any money, you may remember I posted recently on how I had answered a request for an overlock machine on freecycle. A very lovely local lady who's serger had burnt out just before Christmas made a request on freecycle. I was very surprised when she offered me her older Brother machine to take to the van with me. She was a very lucky lady receiving a new quilting machine for Christmas from her hubby.
I picked Florrie up the other day and she is lovely, I put the wrong bobbin in so had a problem with tension BUT Heather to the rescue and the problem solved. If you'd like to visit Heather's blog please click here
she's just made some beautiful tops she designed the pattern herself and she has a tutorial for a wallet/purse which I intend trying this coming week. Heather is also a prolific knitter by both machine and hand.

Until next time take care

hugs 
Peg xx



1 comment:

Angela @ Cottage Magpie said...

Those cups are adorable! Love your wave stitch blanket, too -- can't wait to see that one done! ~Angela~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...